Expat Income Tax Services
U.S. Income Tax Return Preparation for Expatriates - Pitfalls and Traps
To ensure a smooth tax-filing process, you must be well informed. If you take up residence in a foreign country without exploring the tax ramifications, you may find yourself paying more than you expect to the U.S. government or your home state - as well as penalties and interest. Fortunately, here at Gonzalez & Company, C.P.A, P.A., we can help.
Some of the important considerations include…
Our Expat Tax Services
Although the IRS offers numerous deductions, credits, and exclusions to expats, taking advantage of them is not straightforward.
Some exclusions vary by country, while others can only be claimed for a portion of the year. In addition, each requires supporting forms and worksheets, which can be more than cumbersome to prepare.
For people who are either planning a move or have already settled abroad, we offer the following tax services:
These are the most common Expat Income Tax Return preparation services we offer but it's not our full list. In addition, in order to help you get organized, we can provide you with an Expat Tax Organizer. Please contact us to discuss your needs if you don't see them reflected here.
EXPATRIATES INCOME TAX RETURN PREPARATION SERVICES
Our CPA Firm specializes in income taxes and tax return preparation services. In addition to having your income tax return prepared by us, you get:
· Experience & Qualifications - CPA Firm with over 20 years of income tax preparation experience;
· Affordable Fees - Could be the best financial decision you ever make;
· E-Tax Organizer - All clients receive FREE year round access to our “Expat Tax Organizer”
· Secure Client Portal - When you're living in a foreign country, it's not practical to send forms and documents back and forth through the mail. Our highly secure, fully encrypted Client Portal enables the quick, free, and safe transfer of files between you and our office. All clients receive FREE year round access to our "Vault" (see below for more information);
· Technology - We use sophisticated, top-of-class income tax preparation software;
· Electronic Filing - E-filing for fastest tax refunds and filing;
· Free Second Look - Paid clients will automatically receive a review of their prior year tax return to uncover any errors (last year we found 2 of 3 client's tax returns had errors);
· Monthly Newsletter - Clients receive a FREE monthly newsletter full of tax and financial planning tips;
· Customer Service - Open year round to help you whenever you need us;
· Much More - Too much to list here.
For most Expat Income Tax Return preparation work, we charge an estimated flat fee. All potential clients have the right to receive a quote before we begin our work. For this reason, virtually all income tax return preparation fees are agreed upon in advance. To give you an accurate estimate, we need a copy of your prior year's income tax return along with an explanation of any changes involved in the current year's tax return. If we prepared your income tax return last year and there are no major changes with the current year, your fee should be the same. There are some occasions, due to the complex nature of the job or other factors beyond our control, where it is impossible to set a fee in advance. In these cases, an hourly rate will be set in advance and we will provide our best estimate of the total cost, before we start. All fees are due at or prior to completion of the work.
1. Satisfaction Guarantee - We are so confident that you will have a pleasant experience with us that you don't pay unless you are satisfied.
2. Prompt Service - We will pay any penalty caused by our lateness with regard to any tax deadline.
3. Tax Penalty Refund Policy - We will pay any penalty caused by our error and respond to any IRS correspondence generated as a result of our error, free of charge.
4. Free Audit Support - If your tax return is audited, we will tell you why the IRS is contacting you, what it means and what you should do next, free of charge.
5. Audit Representation - From the time you receive an IRS notice to when the audit is resolved; you can count on us to help you. Our fees for audit representation services related to a tax return that we prepared will be billed at 50% our regular rates, provided your income is less than $125,000.
Secure Client Portal
The "Vault" is our Secure Client Portal which is comprised of four components consisting of 1) Secure File Exchange, 2) Online Document Management, 3) Off-Site Backup, and 4) One-Click Upload. The Vault is specifically designed to help us work collaboratively with our clients while allowing us and our clients to safely store and quickly retrieve files, documents, and workpapers from any location with Internet access.
We can also help you with other income tax return preparation services, including:
Contact Our Office Today
There's no need for Expats to pay more than required - or suffer under penalties and interest - just because the process is more confusing for them.
Let us help you navigate the tricky waters of U.S. taxes for Expats. Give us a call or send us an email today!