Personal Income Tax Preparation
Gonzalez & Company, C.P.A., P.A., takes a proactive approach toward income tax return preparation. This approach results in larger tax refunds or smaller tax liabilities for our clients. We prepare IRS forms 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ and 1040X along with all corresponding IRS forms and schedules. Competence, integrity and fairness to our clients are the cornerstones of our CPA Firm.
IRS INDIVIDUAL INCOME TAX RETURN PREPARATION SERVICES
Our Miami CPA Firm specializes in income taxes and tax return preparation services. In addition to having your income tax return prepared by us, you get:
· Experience & Qualifications - CPA Firm with over 20 years of income tax preparation experience;
· Affordable Fees - Could be the best financial decision you ever make;
· E-Tax Organizer - All clients receive FREE year round access to our "Online Interactive Tax Organizer" (see below for more information);
· Secure Client Portal - All clients receive FREE year round access to our "Vault" (see below for more information);
· Technology - We use sophisticated, top-of-class income tax preparation software;
· Electronic Filing - E-filing for fastest tax refunds and filing;
· Free Second Look - Paid clients will automatically receive a review of their prior year tax return to uncover any errors (last year we found 2 of 3 client's tax returns had errors);
· Monthly Newsletter - Clients receive a FREE monthly newsletter full of tax and financial planning tips;
· Customer Service - Open year round to help you whenever you need us;
· Much More - Too much to list here.
Information Needed to Prepare your Income Tax Return
· All sources of income;
· Original W-2's statements received for wages, gambling winnings, etc;
· Copies of original 1099 forms received for interest, dividends, broker transactions, cancellation of debt, government payments, social security benefits, miscellaneous income, real estate transactions, etc;
· Copies of original forms 1098 in connection with any mortgage interest, student loan interest, tuition statement, etc;
· A copy of your prior year's income tax return (if not prepared by us);
· A list of your potential tax deductions (medical, charitable, work related, etc);
· Cost basis of any investments you sold during the year;
· A list of any tax questions you may have (optional);
· Anything else which might be relevant;
· Your agreement to pay our fees.
For most tax return preparation work, we charge an estimated flat fee. All potential clients have the right to receive a quote before we begin our work. For this reason, virtually all income tax return preparation fees are agreed upon in advance. To give you an accurate estimate, we need a copy of your prior year's income tax return along with an explanation of any changes involved in the current year's tax return. If we prepared your income tax return last year and there are no major changes with the current year, your fee should be the same. There are some occasions, due to the complex nature of the job or other factors beyond our control, where it is impossible to set a fee in advance. In these cases, an hourly rate will be set in advance and we will provide our best estimate of the total cost, before we start. All fees are due at or prior to completion of the work.
1. Satisfaction Guarantee - We are so confident that you will have a pleasant experience with us that you don’t pay unless you are satisfied.
2. Prompt Service - We will pay any penalty caused by our lateness with regard to any tax deadline.
3. Tax Penalty Refund Policy - We will pay any penalty caused by our error and respond to any IRS correspondence generated as a result of our error, free of charge.
4. Free Audit Support - If your tax return is audited, we will tell you why the IRS is contacting you, what it means and what you should do next, free of charge.
5. Audit Representation - From the time you receive an IRS notice to when the audit is resolved; you can count on us to help you. Our fees for audit representation services related to a tax return that we prepared will be billed at 50% our regular rates, provided your income is less than $125,000.
Maximize Tax Deductions & Credits
With so many tax deductions and tax credits, it is easy to let a few slip away. We work hard to maximize nearly 350 tax deductions and credits that you may be entitled to, including education credits, earned income credits, child tax credits, childcare expenses, medical expenses, mortgage interest, property taxes, charitable donations, unreimbursed employee expenses, and many more.
If you have investments and recently sold stocks, options, bonds or mutual funds, we accurately calculate all your capital gains or losses on IRS Schedule D. If you are a landlord, we maximize all your rental property deductions by analyzing over 20 potential deductions you may be entitled to, including travel, advertising, repairs, insurance, and depreciation expenses. If you recently refinanced your rental property, you may be entitled to deduct points, appraisal fees, recording costs and other costs and expenses.
Life Event Changes
A life event change has tax consequences that you should minimize or maximize accordingly, but only if you plan ahead. That is why our CPA Firm is here for you during these life altering events. Life event changes can include, starting a new job, buying a new home, getting married, having or adopting a child, buying/selling an investment, or starting a new business just to mention a few. We are here for you every step of the way. See our Life Events Guides section.
If you are self employed, including a sole-proprietor, consultant, 1099 contractor or single owner LLC, we can help prepare your personal and small business tax returns, including IRS Schedule C. Small business owners routinely overlook tax write-offs that they might be entitled to, especially industry specific deductions. Our CPA Firm specializes in helping small business owners obtain every business tax deduction it deserves, including home office expenses, utilities, supplies, car expenses, new business start-up costs, asset depreciation and many more. We also generate all year end IRS Forms, including W-2 and 1099 forms for all employees and contractors, including all corresponding payroll forms such as IRS Forms 940 and 941.
Online Interactive Tax Organizer
This next-generation Tax Organizer is a dynamic web application that allows our clients to organize their tax information online, saving us time when preparing our client's taxes. Our clients can securely access their tax information anytime from anywhere, eliminating the time and expense involved in mailing their paper organizers to us.
The Online Interactive Tax Organizer is fully customizable and allows us to securely interact with our client's directly through our Website. This gives our clients the ability to add data to their organizer, and if they don't have all the data at their fingertips, they can come back and add additional information later.
How it Works...
Our clients log into their secure, password-protected, online tax organizer to compile, edit and store their tax data whenever it's convenient. Our staff can also login and review, edit, print or download the tax data making it easy for our clients and staff to work together. Whenever there's a change to our client's tax situation it's easy for our client or staff to quickly update the organizer so it's always current... Making tax time a lot less taxing. If you don't have a Tax Organizer account yet, please register here.
Secure Client Portal
The "Vault" is our Secure Client Portal which is comprised of four components consisting of 1) Secure File Exchange, 2) Online Document Management, 3) Off-Site Backup, and 4) One-Click Upload. The Vault is specifically designed to help us work collaboratively with our clients while allowing us and our clients to safely store and quickly retrieve files, documents, and workpapers from any location with Internet access.
We can also help you with other income tax return preparation services, including: